Basic Policy for antisocial forces
The Company shall implement measures in accordance with the following basic policy in order to eliminate any relationship with anti-social forces* and groups that threaten the order and safety of the civil society and pose obstacles to the economic activities of companies and individuals.
Basic Policy to Prevent Damages from Anti-Social Forces
- For any unjust demands made by anti-social forces, the Company shall prepare internal rules, etc. and comprehensively deal with such from the top management including the president and CEO down and not simply leave it to the persons or departments in charge.
- The Company shall ensure security of the employees, etc. who counter any unjust demand made by anti-social forces.
- In preparation for any unjust demand made by anti-social forces, the Company shall keep close coordination on a daily basis with external specialized institutions including police, National Center for Removal of Criminal Organizations and lawyers.
- The Company shall have no relationship, including business relation, with anti-social forces. The Company shall reject any unjust demand made by anti-social forces.
- The Company shall take legal actions, both civil and criminal, against any unjust demand made by anti-social forces.
- Even when the unjust demand made by anti-social forces is due to scandals occurring through business activities or caused by employees, etc., the Company shall not on any account conduct backroom deals with them in order to cover up the event.
- The Company shall not on any account provide funds to anti-social forces.
|*||Anti-social forces refer to groups or individuals that pursue economic interests by using violence, threats and fraudulent measures. They include Boryokudan (crime syndicates), members of Boryokudan, sub-members of Boryokudan, companies affiliated with Boryokudan, Sokaiya (racketeers in relation to general shareholders meetings), rogue-advocating social campaigns, rogue-advocating political activities, and crime groups specialized in intellectual crimes.|